What is Active Digital Parenting?
Everyone has a life online. Our kids have lives online. But do you know what they're doing?
ADP is a seminar designed to give parents a jump start to being proactive with their digital parenting. It can be scary to try to tackle all this, but ADP covers a wide variety of topics from the most basic internet safety to specific apps and services. I cover:
- General Internet Safety - examples of why you should be paying attention as a parent
- Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- iOS Parental Controls
- Android Parental Controls
- OpenDNS and Securing Your Devices and Your Home
- YouTube, Netflix, and other parental controls
As of January 2018, I have presented my seminar at 31 different churches in the last 3 years. I have 14 scheduled for calendar year 2018, and even 2 already in 2019. But in 31 seminars, I've done it 31 different ways. Here's a basic setup for a seminar:
- The Importance of Paying Attention (Lecture, 45 min)
- Social Media Crash Course (Lecture, 45 min)
- Device Control in Your Home & Beyond (Interactive/Q&A, 90 min)
But that's just for starters. I have a host of other material I can present - for teens, grandparents, sermons, and classes - not just the basic seminar setup. Get in touch with me below and we can work out a seminar structure that best works for your congregation or organization.
Below is a form you can fill out to ask questions - if I'm coming to an event at your church or organization, I'd love for you to ask me the question beforehand so I can get you an answer. If you'd like to get in contact with me to come speak to your group, you can also fill out the form below.
If you have questions or are just lost in the sauce about digital parenting, contact me here and I'll see if I can help. If you'd like to present ADP to your eldership, I have a document here that you can print out.