056: Remind for Church Communication
- This episode was posted on April 18, 2017.
- Show notes for this episode can be found at chadl.co/mbits/056.
Ministry Bits is proud to be a part of the AIM Network. Make sure to visit Adventures in Ministry for free resources and other podcasts.
- Be sure to email me directly
with comments, questions, or suggestions.
- Follow @ministrybits on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook.
Steps to Set Up
1. Create an account
2. Create a "class" - any type of group, large or small, with 1 recipient or 1000
3. Add people to your group
+ This is the true beauty of Remind
+ You don't have to download the app at all to get messages the teams (classes) you subscribe to.
+ After you create a team (do this on the desktop), Remind gives you the option to help people subscribe to your class in a number of ways: 1) Show people how to join manually, 2) sharing a link (remind.com/join/classname) 3) Add people directly by their phone number. None of that requires them to set up a Remind account nor download anything!
A few tips:
1. Make sure your people enable push notifications
2. Don't send out too many messages! Remind is meant for announcements, not necessarily conversations