What tech resolutions do you have for 2015? Here on Ministry Bits, we're going to talk about backing up your digital life, using better passwords, and better management of your photos.
In this 23rd episode of Ministry Bits, we talk all about Backups.
- This episode was posted on September 25, 2014.
- Show notes for this episode can be found at chadl.co/mbits/023.
Ministry Bits is proud to be a part of the AIM Network. Make sure to visit Adventures in Ministry for free resources and other podcasts.
- Be sure to email me directly
with comments, questions, or suggestions.
- Follow @ministrybits on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook.
In this episode, we look at ways to take spring cleaning to your tech, from cleaning out contacts and folders on your computer to combining apps and services to streamline workflows.
Ministry Bits is proud to be a part of the AIM Network of podcast. You can find the show at adventuresinministry.com, or download the Adventures in Ministry app from the Apple App Store and listen to archived episodes.
Like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/ministrybits
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/ministrybits
- We do it (or should) in our homes, why not in our tech?
- Throw out old stuff you've never used
- Combine tech when possible
- Recycle/sell tech (Gazelle.com)
- Clean My Mac 2
- App Cleaner
- Gemini for duplicates
- Clean out and back up iPhoto
- Duplicate Cleaner for iPhoto
- Clean up Contacts with Contacts Cleaner
- Clean out Dropbox/Google Drive
- Clean out Downloads folder, Home folder
- Disk Utility > Verify/Repair Permissions
- BACK UP YOUR STUFF!
- Time Machine
How much tech do you need to get rid of?
- Delete unused apps on your devices
- Clean install - only DL apps you need
- Back up your devices to iTunes/iCloud
What do you need to change?
- Combining two/three apps into one
- Ask yourself: Can this one app do these three things?
- Streamline workflows